Programme de l’experience quebecoise, popularly known as Quebec Experience Program (PEQ) is one out of the many immigration programs organized by the Quebec province to give foreign skilled workers and foreign students who have completed a post-secondary program in Quebec the opportunity to become permanent residents in Canada.
If you belong to either of the two aforementioned categories of candidates, this immigration is not just ideal for you but a fast-track process because this immigration is one of Quebec’s most prioritized immigration programs therefore the applications are processed at a faster rate when compared to other immigration programs like Quebec Skilled Worker(QSW).
Candidates whose applications were successful will be issued a Quebec Selection Certificate (Certificat de sélection du Québec, CSQ) which is one of the major requirements for immigrating to the Quebec province permanently.
Moreover, candidates who were not able to meet the requirements for the PEQ but have acquired working experience or studied in Quebec may be qualified to apply for Quebec Selection Certificate via the Quebec Skilled Worker Program.
Requirements For The QUEBEC Experience Program
As we stated earlier, the Quebec Experience Program just like every other Quebec immigration program permits applicants to apply for a Quebec Selection Certificate and upon receiving a CSQ, the candidate becomes qualified to officially apply for a Canadian permanent residence.
Furthermore, all PEQ applicants are expected to meet the general requirements needed for the program and they are as follows;
- Applicant must have the intention of residing in the Quebec province;
- Applicants must have temporarily lived in Quebec either for work or study and have respected all necessary conditions of their stay;
- Applicants must prove that they have advanced intermediate knowledge of the French language, accompanying spouses are also included in this criterium;
- Applicants must be able to provide for their needs for at least 3 months and also the needs of their spouse or de facto spouse and any other person they must have included in their application;
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age and have a valid passport
One of the aforementioned requirements states that applicants must be able to prove that they have advanced intermediate knowledge of the French language including their accompanying spouses.
These are the valid ways in which you can prove your advanced intermediate knowledge of French language proficiency;
- Through any of the valid French language tests such as TEFAQ, DELF, DALF, TCF-QUEBEC, TEF Canada.
- A final transcript indicating that you have completed a minimum of 3 years of secondary or post-secondary full-time study which was totally in French
- A final transcript indicating that you have completed an advanced intermediate-level French course. Furthermore, candidates who picked this option will be invited for an in-person interview to confirm their proficiency in the French language.
- A license to enable you to practice from a professional order in the Quebec province.
The QUEBEC Experience Program For International Students
Aside from all the requirements we listed above, candidates applying as international students must meet the additional requirements. It may also interest you to know that the Quebec Experience Program avails foreign students the opportunity to kick start their official immigration process even before they complete their studies. This is a rare privilege because foreign students in other provinces or at the Federal level do not have this opportunity.
Here are the additional requirements expected of foreign students applying to PEQ;
- Students must have temporarily lived in Quebec with the primary aim of studying.
- Students must have schooled in Canada for a minimum of two years
- Students must have indicated interest to reside in Canada
- They must be legally living in Quebec at the time of submission of their application that is if they are submitting their application form within the Quebec province.
- They must have gotten an eligible diploma or degree from any educational institution recognized within the previous 3 years by the Quebec Ministry of Education.
- Applicants that have been issued a diploma of bachelor’s, master’s, technical college studies, or doctoral degree must have acquired a minimum of one year of full-time work experience within the past 3 years in an occupation that falls under these categories; NOC skill level O, A, or B and must be presently employed at the time of applying.
- Applicants that have been issued a diploma of vocational studies (DEP) with a minimum of 1,800 hours of study must have 18 months of work experience in the past 3 years in either NOC skill level O, A, B, or C (if you fall under this level, it must be connected to your field of study) and finally, you must be employed at the time of submitting your application.
Once a foreign student succeeds in meeting all of the aforementioned criteria, they may at any time submit a CSQ application via PEQ. Applications are accepted at all times and there is no quota for this program and the applications are paper-based which is to say that they are submitted in hard copy.
The QUEBEC Experience Program For Foreign Workers
The following additional requirements must be met by Temporary Foreign Workers in Quebec to be qualified to apply for a Quebec Selection Certificate under the PEQ;
- They must show interest in residing in the Quebec province to hold a job;
- They must have temporarily resided in Quebec for work;
- They must have acquired a full-time work experience in Quebec for a minimum of 1 year within 2 years preceding the submission of the application, note that a part-time job is unacceptable for this program;
- They must have attained a legal status in Quebec as a temporary worker or a part of a youth exchange program like IEC (International Experience Canada);
- Candidates must be employed at the time of the submission of the application.
- Applicants must occupy a full-time job either at the management, professional or technical level (NOC levels O, A, or B) at the time of submitting their application.
Once a foreign worker succeeds in meeting all of the aforementioned criteria, they may at any time submit a CSQ application via PEQ. Applications are accepted at all times and there is no quota for this program and the applications are paper-based which is to say that they are submitted in hard copy.
Additionally, on the 22nd of July, 2020, the selection criteria for Quebec Experience Program was changed due to the new PEQ regulations introduced by immigration Quebec.
In the former selection criteria, students are not required to have work experience to be qualified to submit and Temporary workers are required to have a minimum of 3 years of work experience which can fall under either of the NOC skill levels; O, A, B, C, or D.
The Quebec Experience is not just a well-known immigration pathway but a fast track process for foreign students with a qualified degree obtained in Quebec and eligible candidates with work experience in Quebec.