The Government of Canada has initiated a new online platform ‘IRCC’ where you can manage your Canada immigration application.
This article will help you to get information about everything that concerns the IRCC portal as a secure platform for Canada Immigration applications.
What Is IRCC Portal?
IRCC Portal is a secure online platform for Canada immigration applications. You can apply for a visitor visa, study visa, work permit, and permanent residence through this portal.
The service also provides an easy way to track your application status and view other immigration-related information, such as news updates and articles on the latest developments in the field of immigration.
It’s a secure platform that allows you to apply for the following: Visitor Visa; Study Visa; Refugee Protection Claim (RPC); Humanitarian and Compassionate grounds of inadmissibility; and Skilled Worker Class Application.
Features of the IRCC Portal
IRCC portal is a secure platform for Canada immigration applications. The IRCC portal provides you with a one-stop shop for all your Canada immigration needs, such as creating an account, accessing and managing your application, tracking the status of your application, and submitting additional information.
The features offered by the IRCC portal include the following:
- Creating an account on the site;
- Accessing and managing all aspects of your application;
- Tracking its progress;
- Submitting additional information if required (email confirmation).
The IRCC portal is mandatory for all applicants who wish to apply for a visa, permit, or immigration application. The portal has been designed in such a way that it allows you to complete each step of the process online and provides you with instant access to your application. The system also sends email notifications at every stage of the process.
How To Create An Account On IRCC Portal?
To create an account on IRCC Portal, you must provide your personal and contact information. You will also need to provide your date of birth, country of residence, citizenship status, and nationality.
1. Personal Information
- First name (including any middle names)
- Last name(s), including any suffixes such as “Jr” or “III.”
2. Contact Information
Your full address, including province/state/country; city/town; postal code(s) if applicable; telephone number(s); email address.
3. Date of Birth
Your birth date must match that on your passport or other travel documents. If it does not, you will not need to submit supporting documents with your application.
4. Country of Residence
Give the name of the country where you currently reside or have most recently resided for an extended period (i.e., six months or more).
5. Citizenship Status and Nationality
Services Available Through The IRCC portal
The IRCC portal is a secure online application system that allows you to apply for Canadian permanent residence, study, and work permits. You can also use it to check your application status and update your contact details.
You can create an account if you need help with the process or if you want to review previous submissions that were made by yourself or others in your family. Suppose no one else has applied on this website yet.
In that case, there will be an option for “create new account” in the form of an email address where someone from IRCC will send them information about how to apply through their device instead of using an internet browser on their computer or mobile device.
How To Apply For Canada PR Through The IRCC Portal?
How can one apply for Canada PR through the IRCC portal? The process of applying for Canada PR through the IRCC portal is simple.
You need to apply online via the IRCC website, and once you have submitted all the required documents, you will be notified about the status of your application by email. The steps involved in applying for Canada PR through the IRCC portal are mentioned below:
- Go to ircc.gc.ca/en/application-guide/ immigration_laws_and_policies (the website).
- Log into your profile if you already have one, or create a new one if needed at https://www2.canadaimmigration.c om/login/.
- They will ask you to create an account if you do not have one.
- You can also log in with your social media accounts, such as Facebook or Google+.
- You can also use the same email address linked to your passport, visa, or work permit. If this is not possible, then contact customer service at 1‑800‑373‑0657 before 4 pm EST weekdays from 8 am – 4 pm PST daily except weekends & holidays when it closes earlier than normal hours due to technical issues, etc.
Application Status Through The IRCC portal
You can track your application status through the IRCC portal. You’ll see your application form, and you can also view the documents you submitted as well as those that were rejected. The status of each document is listed on a drop-down menu in order to help you determine what stage of processing each one is at.
If a document is denied, they will explain why it was rejected and how many times it has been reviewed by IRCC staff before being sent back to you for more information or clarification.
What Can I Use The IRCC Portal For After My Application?
After you submit your application, the IRCC portal will allow you to:
- Check the status of your application. If there are errors in your application file, the system will notify you and help correct them. You can also check if any documents have been received and add them to your application.
- Track the progress of your application. From here, users can see when their applications will be submitted by Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) officers at an inland port of entry or airport. Additionally, when CBSA officers accepted them at one of these locations after being sent from abroad via mail or courier service delivery methodologies such as FedEx, etc. The process starts with filling out all required fields before submitting it online so that it can be processed.
- The next step is to wait for approval by the Canada Border Services Agency, also known as CBS), and then your application will be sent to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC). If you have received confirmation that your application has been received, please allow up to three weeks for processing. Otherwise, please contact them again if you have not heard from them within this period.
How Can One Apply For A Visitor Visa Using The IRCC Portal?
You can decide to apply for a visitor visa from anywhere in the world.
You can also decide to apply for a visitor visa if you are outside Canada and have not been in Canada in the last ten years.
The application process is exact, whether outside or inside Canada. If you are applying within Canada or outside Canada, you must:
- Fill out the application form (IMM5257);
- Attach a passport photo;
- Submit your application with all supporting documents to the visa office.
- You must also provide proof of financial support for yourself and any family members who will accompany you
- Confirmation of hotel or other accommodation where you plan to stay in Canada.
How Do I Apply For A Study Visa Using The IRCC Portal?
Suppose you are a legal Canadian citizen or permanent resident, and you want to enroll in a Canadian educational institution. In that case, the first step is to apply for a study visa through IRCC.
The portal has a section for students applying for study visas. You will need to:
- Provide details of your educational institution and the courses you wish to take.
- Provide details of your finances so we can determine whether or not they meet our requirements.
- Fill out the application form;
- Attach a passport photo;
- Submit your application with all supporting documents to the visa office
The next step is to apply for Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA), which will allow you to enter Canada. If you are applying from within Canada, the visa office may be able to issue your study permit on the same day that you apply.
However, if you are applying from outside of Canada, then it may take up to two weeks before your application is processed and approved.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What Is The Difference Between The IRCC Portal And The IRCC Account?
You’ll only see visitor visa, transit visa, or study permit applications you create and submit via this Portal account.
2. What Is The GCKey Portal?
GCKey is a unique electronic credential the Canadian Government gives for use with online government services.
3. How Long Is The IRCC Portal?
We will contact you within 14 to 30 working days of receiving your complete application. We would not respond to inquiries if your request was submitted within 30 business days.
4. How Long Does The IRCC Portal Review Take?
Once IRCC accepts your photo, it will appear on the portal, and your PR card should be issued. IRCC says you should receive your PR card within a week.
5. Is The IRCC Portal Faster Than GCkey?
The new IRCC Portal or GC Key. The new portal says they will reply within 14 to 30 business days, and GC Key does not give any timeline.
6. How Is IRCC Processing Applications?
The applicant pays the fees on the IRCC site by credit card. Pay your credit card fees online through your IRCC account. The applicant has his fingerprints taken by a machine. If you need to have biometrics, you will receive a letter with biometric instructions within 24 hours of submitting your complete application.
Why I Can’t Link My Application To IRCC?
There could be several reasons why you can’t link your app and your application is not yet in their system.
8. How Long Does It Take IRCC To Review Eligibility?
IRCC processes most SDS applications within 20 calendar days if the eligibility requirements are met. Only applications submitted electronically are eligible for SDS processing.
9. Can IRCC Access My Bank Account?
No. The information you enter (e.g., username, password) and financial institution identity is not shared with the Government of Canada.
10. How Long Does A GCKey Last?
Your GCKey may expire. The system demands you use your GCKey at least once every two years, or it will expire.
The IRCC portal is a secure platform for Canada immigration applications. The portal allows you to manage your application and view your application status online. You can also apply for a Study Visa and Visitor Visa through this portal. Feel free to drop your comments below.