Canada is a global leader in immigration and integration policies. Recently, the country has seen a jump in international students applying for permanent residency. This
Canada is a global leader in immigration and integration policies. Recently, the country has seen a jump in international students applying for permanent residency.
This growth comes with an increased need for temporary resident visas (TRV) and permanent residence applications.
The Canada PR TRP pathway is designed to provide applicants with an efficient way to obtain permanent residency status in Canada by allowing them to apply on a temporary resident visa rather than waiting years for their application processing times to reach completion stages.
This article will extensively discuss New Canada TR to PR pathways and how to move your status from a Temporary to a Permanent resident.
New Canada TR To PR Pathway – From Temporary Resident To Permanent Resident
The New Canada TR to PR Pathway – From Temporary Resident to Permanent Resident is a pathway for those who want to immigrate to Canada as permanent residents.
This route requires you to be qualified under either the Skilled Workers Program or Newcomer Category and meet other requirements by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC). You may also require an offer of employment from a Canadian employer if you still need to get a work offer before applying for this program.
The TRP program has several different streams:
- Express Entry, where you apply online;
- Multiple Streams, where there are several different ways that people can qualify;
- Quebec French-speaking nominees or nominees from countries with French as their official language;
- International Experience Class candidates who have previously worked in one or more countries overseas as part of an international assignment/internship project sponsored by their university/college, etc.
Why Should You Choose Canada as Your Immigration Destination?
Canada is a peaceful country, and it has a great education system and healthcare system. Canada is also multicultural, with people from all over the world living in its cities and towns.
Canada is also safe for you to visit, and you will not be in danger because of your race or religion. However, you must understand how other cultures are different than yours so that you can respect them and yourself.
Who is Eligible for Canada New Canada TR To PR Pathway?
The new TR to PR pathway is a quick way to obtain permanent residency in Canada. The new TR to PR pathway is also available if you have been living outside Canada for at least two years or have been an employee or self-employed person in your field of expertise during this period.
The Canada PR TRP is open to certain individuals eligible for a Canadian study permit. These include:
- Those who have been living in Canada for at least six months and want to pursue full-time studies in Canada;
- Those who have been living outside of Canada for five years or more but are applying for study permits as part of the Canadian Government’s Express Entry system.
What Are The Steps To Apply For New Canada TR To PR Pathway?
Once you have arrived in Canada, the next step is to apply for a permanent resident visa. The process of applying can take several months and includes the following:
- Application for a permanent resident visa
- Completing the application form and providing all required documents
- Submitting your application package, including biometrics, to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC)
- Once they have granted you permanent resident status, there are still several other things that you will need to do before becoming a Canadian citizen. This includes applying for work permits, study permits, and visitor visas, as well as obtaining temporary residence permits or refugee claim certificates.
- The new pathway is for those who have been in Canada for at least one year and requires you to pass the CPA exam.
What Are The Requirements To Apply For New Canada TR To PR Pathway?
If you are applying for temporary resident status, you must have the following documents:
- A valid passport.
- A valid job offer letter or document that proves that you have a job offer in Canada. You can use an online job portal like ZipRecruiter to find jobs in your area and apply for them directly on their site.
- Proof of funds. This could be bank statements, credit cards, etc., depending on how much money you plan to spend while working and paying taxes with CRA (Canada Revenue Agency) annually, just like everyone else who lives outside the US but wants permanent residence status.
What Are The Documents To Apply for New Canada TR To PR Pathway?
To successfully make an application for a Canadian Permanent Resident Card, you will need the following:
- A passport. It must be valid for at least six months beyond the validity of your PR card.
- Your PR card can be obtained by applying online through Citizenship and Immigration Canada’s website at www.cic.gc.ca or by visiting a Passport Canada office in person with your passport and proof of identity such as a birth certificate or driver’s license;
- Bank statement showing income from employment during the previous year;
- Evidence that you have enough funds to cover any costs associated with moving to Canada;
- Letter(s) confirming rental accommodation has been secured if applicable;
- The Canadian Government issues a visa before applying for permanent residency. One doesn’t have to worry about renewing their visas every three months because there’s no need for any such thing anymore since everything has been automated. This is so long as they meet all requirements outlined above plus additional ones depending upon which type of visa category they fall under;
- Medical report completed within 90 days before submitting an application form for permanent residence status.
What Are The Challenges To Apply for New Canada TR To PR Pathway?
A few challenges to applying from Temporary resident to Permanent resident include:
- The process is complex, and the time taken is long.
- The cost of application is high.
- The requirements are strict.
- The documents required are many.
What are the Benefits Of New Canada TR To PR Pathway?
Some benefits of a new Canada TR to PR pathway:
- Access to healthcare
- Access to education
- Employment opportunities
Processing Time Of Canada New Canada TR To PR Pathway
If you are a Canadian citizen, becoming a permanent resident is relatively simple. You must have a work offer from an employer in Canada and pass an interview with the Canadian Government. This can be done either at the border or during your first visit after becoming a temporary resident.
Processing time is 5-6 months. The faster you apply, the quicker your case will move through the immigration process.
If you are applying for a spouse or common-law partner, their processing time is much faster than an applicant who doesn’t have children or is not married to another person. If you’re applying for a child under 18 years old, their processing times are even shorter.
How Much Does The TR To PR Immigration Programs Cost?
The cost of an application depends on the immigration program you choose. If you are eligible for a free application and it’s processed by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC), the cost will be zero.
If not, there is no fee for this part of the process, but other fees may be involved depending on which immigration program you choose.
The average cost for a TR-to-PR application is about $100, but this can vary depending on factors such as whether or not your spouse has lived in Canada before or whether or not they have Canadian citizen children living abroad with them.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is TR To PR Pathway Open Again In 2022?
Also, Canada is resuming all-program Express Entry draws from July 6, 2022.
2. Will There Be Another TR To PR Pathway In 2023?
The one-off TR to PR Pathway (included in the plan under Federal Economic Public Policies), announced during Covid-19, is expected to finish welcoming its new immigrants by 2024.
3. How To Change From Temporary Resident To Permanent Resident In Canada?
In most cases, you will not be able to switch directly from a visitor visa to permanent residence. Typically, the only way to change a visitor visa to a permanent resident is to qualify as a refugee or have a partner with citizenship in Canada.
4. How Long Does It Take To Get PR In 2022?
Provincial Nominee Program (PNP): 16 months (online via Express Entry) Self-employed persons (Federal): 41 months. Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP): 26 months. Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP): 45 months.
5. How Many Points Are Required For Canada PR 2023?
6. How Long Will It Take To Process TR To PR?
Between 4-5 weeks.
7. What Is The Easiest Way To Become A Permanent Resident Of Canada?
One must apply to the province or territory where one wants to live and be nominated. After the province or territory nominates you, you must apply to IRCC for permanent residence.
8. Can You Stay In Canada While Waiting For Permanent Residency?
You can stay in Canada while you wait for permanent residency as long as you maintain your legal status.
9. How Many Bands Are Required For TR To PR?
10. What Is The Maximum Age Limit For Canada PR?
You must be 18 years or above to apply for Canada PR.
In summary, Canada has a very strong immigration program, and many people choose it as their permanent residence. You can apply for this pathway in two ways: by completing an application form or through a referral by an employer or family member who already has a visa.