The Quebec Experience Class Program, also known as Programme de l’expérience Québécoise (PEQ) is an immigration program specially designed for foreign workers and students living in Quebec.
The program enables applicants to obtain a Quebec selection certificate that permits them to settle permanently in the province.
Compared to other immigration Quebec programs, PEQ has one of the shortest processing times and if you meet all the requirements, you may be eligible for the program.
Read on to learn more about the Quebec Experience Class Program, its selection conditions, and processing times.
Selection Conditions For Quebec Experience Class Program
The Quebec Experience Class Program has two streams namely;
1. Temporary Foreign Workers
2. Quebec graduates
To qualify for PEQ, you must meet the general conditions of the program and specific conditions of the stream in which you submit your application.
1. You must be 18 years of age or older
2. You must hold a valid passport
3. You have respected the conditions of your stay
4. You must have the intention to settle in Quebec and hold employment
5. You must possess an advanced intermediate level of French proficiency
6. You must be legally resident in Quebec at the time of your application
7. You must financially self-sufficient. If you have an accompanying spouse, you must also undertake to provide for their needs and any dependent children included in your application for a minimum period of 3 months
Conditions For The Graduate Stream
To qualify for the graduate stream of the Quebec Experience Class Program, you must;
1. Have not violated the terms of your student permit and CAQ
2. Have obtained an eligible diploma or expect to complete your study program within the next six months
3. Have proof of completing an advanced-intermediate level French course from an institution recognized by Quebec’s education ministry
4. Have eligible work experience in Quebec following your study program
5. Have stayed in Quebec for at least half the duration of your study program
Note: You will be ineligible for the program if you are applying 3 years (36 months) after your graduation.
The following diplomas are eligible for Quebec Experience Class Program;
1. Bachelor’s Degree (University undergraduate)
2. Master’s degree
4. Diploma of college studies, technical training (DCS)
5. Diploma of vocational studies (DVS) involving a minimum of 1,800 hours of study
6. Diploma of vocational studies (DVS) followed by an Attestation of vocational specialization (AVS) of a minimum of 1,800 hours of continuing education leading to a specific trade
Conditions For Temporary Foreign Workers Stream
Candidates applying for Temporary Foreign Workers Stream must meet the following conditions;
- You must reside legally in Quebec as a temporary foreign worker or be under a youth exchange program like Young Professionals, Working Holiday, and International Co-op Internship permit.
- You should be occupying a full-time job at the management, professional or technical level (levels O, A, B under the National Occupational Classification) at the time of submission of the application)
- Must have occupied a full-time job at the management, professional and technical level in Quebec for at least 24 of the 36 months preceding the submission of your application. Note that part-time work is not accepted for this program.
- Must be able to demonstrate at least an advanced intermediate level of oral French through a standardized test
- You must prove that you are financially able to support yourself (spouse and dependent children if applicable) for at least 3 months after you have been granted permanent residency in Quebec.
As a foreign worker, if you meet all the requirements stated above, you can apply for a Quebec selection certificate (CSQ) through the Quebec Experience Class Program at any time.
Applications are accepted at all times and are paper-based. This means you have to submit in hard copy to MIFI for processing.
Methods Of Demonstrating Advanced Intermediate Knowledge Of French Language Proficiency
1. Accepted French-Language Tests
- Test d’évaluation du français adapté pour le Québec (TEFAQ)
- Test de connaissance du français pour le Québec (TCF-Québec)
- Test d’évaluation du français (TEF)
- Test d’évaluation du français pour le Canada (TEF Canada)
- Test de connaissance du français (TCF)
- Diplôme d’études en langue française (DELF)
- Diplôme approfondi de langue française (DALF)
2. A final transcript attesting to the successful completion of secondary or post-secondary full-time study pursued in French
3. A final transcript attesting to the successful completion of an advanced intermediate-level French course
4. A regular license to practice from a professional order in Quebec
Transitional Measures For New Regulations
Immigration Quebec introduced new PEQ regulations that changed the selection criteria on the 22nd of July, 2020. Previously, students did not require work experience to be eligible to submit their applications and temporary workers required a minimum of 36 months of work experience that falls under NOC skill levels O, A, B, C, or D.
As we said earlier, Quebec Experience Class Program takes a shorter period to process compared to other immigration programs. Immigration Quebec has indicated that processing times should not exceed one month to obtain a CSQ (Quebec selection certificate).
After you’ve obtained your CSQ, the Federal processing times for your Canadian permanent resident visa will depend on your Canadian immigration visa office.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Apply For A Canadian Experience Class From Quebec?
Yes, you can. You can apply for a Canadian Experience Class and count your work experience in Quebec.
What Is Quebec Skilled Worker Program?
Quebec Skilled Worker Program (QSWP) is one of Quebec’s immigration pathways to permanent residence. The program enables highly educated and trained foreigners to immigrate to Quebec as skilled workers.
Do I Need French To Apply For PR In Quebec?
Applicants are required to demonstrate a minimum level of 7 on the Quebec Scale of Proficiency in French for Adult Immigrants which includes listening and speaking ability.
Is It Difficult To Get PR In Quebec?
The Federal Skilled worker program has a very high threshold which makes it difficult for many individuals to immigrate to Canada. However, Québec Skilled Immigration Program offers an easier means to migrate to Canada.
Can I Apply For Quebec PNP Without Job Offer?
Quebec PNP Program does not require a valid job offer from a Canadian or Quebec employer.
Can I Get A Job In Quebec If I Don’t Speak French?
French is the official language in the province of Quebec and all workers in Quebec have the right to work in French. They can speak and write in French and ask for French work documents and tools, including computer software.
Does Quebec Need IELTS?
IELTS is used to assess English proficiency in Quebec. Another common English proficiency test is the Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program (CELPIP).
Is Quebec Good For Immigrants?
Quebec is the third most popular province for immigrants and is famous for its wealth of culture, maple syrup production, and the French language. Newcomers in Quebec will enjoy the diverse cultural activities and appreciate the French language.
Can I Apply For Express Entry With Quebec Experience?
Yes, you can but you need to prove that you will leave Quebec.
What Level Of French Do I Need To Work In Quebec?
To demonstrate that you have attained the B2 level, you need to take an official French proficiency test such as TCF, TEF, or the DELF B2 exam.
The Quebec Experience Class program is one of Quebec’s priority immigration programs and it is best for candidates with French proficiency who have acquired work experience in Quebec.
Before applying make sure you meet all the requirements to avoid your application being refused.
Has this article been helpful? Kindly share and leave a comment in the section below.