Immigration is one of the most pressing issues facing businesses and students today. With stricter restrictions on who can enter the country, many people are looking for ways to get around them.
Thanks to changes to Express Entry, however, businesses and students now have a new way to gain entry into Canada.
By using this system, businesses can fill positions with foreign workers quickly and easily. This is good news for businesses, as it means they can bypass the long and cumbersome process of applying for work visas.
And for students, it means they can speed up their path to studying in Canada by gaining work experience here first.
If you’re looking for a way to gain entry into Canada, read on for more information about Express Entry. You could be surprised at just how easy it is to take advantage of these changes.
What Is Express Entry And The CRS?
Express Entry is a system in Canada that allows qualified workers to immigrate to Canada through the selection process. There are two main streams through which Express Entry works – the Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) program and the Canadian Experience Class (CEC) program.
The FSW program is for skilled workers who have at least five years of experience in an occupation that is in short supply in Canada. The CEC program is for people with certain Canadian experience or education qualifications.
The changes to Express Entry that came into effect include the following:
- A minimum job offer is now required as part of the application process
- The number of points awarded for work experience has been increased
- A new category, Priority Points, has been created to reward candidates who have demonstrated a higher level of skills and experience
- A new category, Expression of Interest (EOI), has been created for candidates who want to apply but do not have enough points
What Are The Changes To Express Entry?
Express Entry has undergone a number of changes and these changes will benefit students and businesses seeking to immigrate to Canada.
The most significant change is that the Express Entry pool will now be divided into two streams: Federal Skilled Worker (FW) and Canadian Experience Class (CEC).
FW candidates will be those who have achieved at least one year of full-time study in an accredited program in a skilled trade or technology area.
CEC candidates are those who have completed two years of full-time study in an accredited program, including at least one year of work experience in an occupation relevant to the skill level sought.
For both streams, the minimum educational requirement is a post-secondary diploma or degree from an accredited institution in Canada.
There are also several other changes that have been made to Express Entry:
- Candidates must submit proof of their skills and experience through the online system, rather than providing documentation on paper.
- The number of points awarded for each category has been increased; and
- The age limit for CEC candidates has been lowered to 40 years old from 42 years old.
How Will These Changes Benefit Students And Businesses?
The new system for selecting immigrants to Canada, called Express Entry, will be implemented on January 1, 2019. Here are some of the benefits for students and businesses;
1. It will quickly assess how many candidates a given position calls for and then begin processing applications more quickly than if you were using traditional channels. This saves both time and money on recruitment costs.
2. Reduced selection time – Because Express Entry is an automated system, it eliminates the need to manually review applications. As a result, you can quickly identify those candidates who meet your eligibility requirements and move them forward in the process without wasting any time or resources on candidates who don’t fall within your guidelines.
3. Increased accuracy – The matching algorithm used by Express Entry has been shown to be highly accurate when compared to other popular employment programs such as PRINCE2 or random sampling methods. In other words, you’re less likely to end up recruiting a candidate who isn’t qualified for the job opening
4. The changes to Express Entry are intended to make the process more efficient and fairer. The new system will better consider skills and experience in choosing immigrants, which is good news for students and businesses.
5 . For students living in Canada, one of the main benefits of the new system is that it should reduce wait times for visa applications.
6. This change is likely to benefit both students and businesses. Students will no longer need permission from an organization before applying for study or work in Canada.
7. This opens up opportunities for more students to enter Canada and pursue their dreams. Businesses will now have access to a larger pool of talented workers, without having to go through the lengthy process of nomination.
What Are The Eligibility Requirements For Express Entry?
Eligibility requirements for Express Entry include having an adequate educational attainment, being able to demonstrate skills in relevant fields, and having a strong work history.
There has been some recent change to the Express Entry system, as it now offers Canada more options for admitting students and businesses.
Under the old system, all foreign students wishing to apply for study or work in Canada had to be nominated by an organization such as a university or business.
The new system allows any talented person who can provide evidence of their worthiness to apply directly to Canadian immigration authorities. This includes individuals who are not associated with any institution or organization.
How Do I Know If My Business or Student Is Eligible For Express Entry?
The eligibility requirements for Express Entry have changed multiple times over the years. In order to be eligible for Express Entry, your business or student must meet the following criteria:
- Your business must have an annual revenue of at least CAD $1 million (or equivalent).
- You must have a positive net worth (assets minus liabilities) of at least CAD $800,000.
- Your company or school must employ at least 50 full-time employees (or equivalent).
- There are also some other qualifications that you may need in order to be eligible for Express Entry. These include having a valid Canadian job offer, being able to speak English and/or French fluently, and having no criminal record.
What Changes Have Recently Been Made Ro The Express Entry Process?
Most occupations will remain eligible for Express Entry under the new system. However, an additional 16 occupations that were previously ineligible for Express Entry will become eligible. IRCC will begin using the newest National Occupational Classification (NOC)
The new NOC will change eligibility for some of Canada’s immigration programs including Express Entry. Currently, in order to be eligible for Express Entry you need work experience that falls under NOC skill types 0, A, or B, which align with the NOC 2016.
How Can A Candidate Increase Their Express Entry CRS Score?
Increase Your Work Experience
Keep a Broad Perspective.
Get a Provincial Nomination.
Get a Job Offer.
Hire an Employment Professional
Improve your language skills.
What Is The New Rule Of Express Entry?
And to address this, Express Entry will be changing in 2023. IRCC will soon have the authority to issue ITAs to candidates with specific work experience, education or language abilities that are well-positioned to support Canada’s economy and labour force.
Is TEER 3 Eligible For Express Entry?
Under the new system, occupations in TEERs 0, 1, 2, and 3 will be eligible for Express Entry programs.
Which Teer Code Is Eligible For Express Entry?
Currently, NOC skill classes 0, A, or B, which correspond to the NOC 2016, must be used to describe your job experience to be eligible for Express Entry.
There are a number of students and businesses that stand to benefit from the recent changes to the Express Entry program.
Students who have been unsuccessful in applying for Canadian visas through the regular process may find that their chances of being selected through Express Entry increase as a result.
Do well to keep up with the requirements and tips mentioned in this article and be sure to benefit greatly from this program.