In the Canadian immigration system, getting an evaluation report from ICES is one of the most critical steps before applying for a study permit. This
In the Canadian immigration system, getting an evaluation report from ICES is one of the most critical steps before applying for a study permit.
This blog post will assist you in understanding the International credential evaluation service (ICES) for Canadian immigration and how to get it done in Canada.
About International Credential Evaluation Service (ICES)
The International Credential Evaluation Service (ICES) is a service provided by World Education Services (WES), which provides accurate and objective evaluations of academic credentials from around the world.
ICES evaluates academic credentials for people applying to study, work or immigrate to Canada. It also provides information about higher education institutions worldwide to help students find their way into an accredited program at a university abroad. This can be done through its website icestudent.com or its free app on Apple devices.
The service’s goal is simple and wants to ensure that qualifications are valid before you apply for immigration in Canada.
International Credential Evaluation Service (ICES) for Canada Immigration
International Credential Evaluation Service (ICES) is a leading credential assessment service. The ICES offers evaluation reports for education, work experience, and immigration purposes.
The ICES provides evaluation reports for employment purposes under the institute known as Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA), including:
1. Evaluation Reports for Education or Work Experience
This type of report includes the following;
- An overview of your credentials;
- Information on how you obtained your credentials;
- A description of each program you completed;
- References from current employers who have verified your qualifications;
- Proof that you have been employed in Canada as well as abroad.
2. Evaluations Report For Immigration Purposes
This type of report includes an overview of your credentials and information on how they were obtained, such as coursework at the university or technical school level, whether it was part-time/full-time work experience with specific titles like “senior engineer,” “manager,” etc.
Read Also: Queensland Skilled Occupation Lists
How To Do Education Assessment Through ICES?
You can do it online. The application form will be submitted through a secure system, so you don’t have to worry about sending your documents via mail or courier.
After applying, you will be contacted by one of our specialists within 24 hours of submission and asked for further information, such as uploading additional documents or verifying the authenticity of those already provided, for us to prepare your report on time.
Who Needs An Assessment Report From ICES?
The ICES assessment report is required for the following:
- Students who want to study in Canada
- Students who are applying for a job in Canada
- Students who are applying for a job in the US
- Students who are applying for a study visa or sponsorship Parents of dependent children
Why Is It Important To Submit An Evaluation Report From ICES?
The ICES is a service that allows you to establish the equivalency of your educational credentials with the Canadian educational system. It also determines if your foreign educational credentials are equivalent to a completed education in Canada.
The ICES will assess whether or not your foreign academic degree(s) are comparable with those that a post-secondary institution in Canada would award and whether or not they qualify you to enter Canada as an international student.
How much time is required to get an evaluation report From ICES?
The time required to get an evaluation report from ICES depends on the type of application you are submitting.
- A complete family class application: 3-4 weeks.
- A new business class application: 2 weeks (if all documents are submitted with original documents, it will take less than one week).
How Much Is The Cost Of Getting An Evaluation Report From ICES?
You can pay for your evaluation report through the following methods:
- Canadian dollar
- Money order or cashier’s cheque made out to “ICES.” Please include your full name and address on the back of this form. If you do not possess a Canadian address, please use an international mailing address (e.g., P.O. Box). You will need four pieces of ID (two pieces must show your photo), with one piece having a current government-issued photo identification card number(s) attached with one driver’s license issued in Canada or an equivalent country where applicable; one piece showing proof of citizenship status by providing either birth certificate or passport/ID card; one piece showing proof of residency status by providing proof such as utility bill(s), bank statement(s), lease agreement, etc.; and finally, one piece showing proof of educational attainment by providing any degree certificate issued by any accredited institution including trade schools, etc.
Why Does One Need An ECA From ICES?
If you plan to migrate to Canada, you must get a Canadian education credential evaluation from ICES. This will help in achieving your goal of getting a job or studying in Canada.
There are many reasons why an ECA from ICES is required before applying for citizenship or permanent residency:
- To get a job in Canada.
- To study at any level of education in Canada (university) without having any prior experience or qualifications from another country’s educational system.
- To apply for Canadian work permits and study permits when applying for temporary resident status so long as the applicant does not intend to change their current job or profession once they arrive in Canada – but only after obtaining an ECA.
What Are ECA Reports Offered By ICES?
This report is issued by ICE and is the most rigorous report available. It contains all the necessary details of your educational background, including your grades, GPA, and major fields. The report also includes a detailed description of each course taken at each university or college you attended.
This report provides a similar level of information as the ICES-CERTIFIED but without giving complete credit for each course. Instead, it only credits courses completed successfully with no grade lower than B-. This allows students who have not completed all of their required courses, such as an associate degree, to apply for immigration purposes without having failed too many classes in one semester or year leading up to graduation day.
C. ICES-SUPERVISED SUPERVISED
While not quite as comprehensive as the previous two types listed here – this type still includes most necessary educational information about yourself and additional details such as any awards received during high school/college years, etc.
What Are The Benefits Of The International Credential Evaluation Service (ICES) for Canada Immigration?
The main benefit of ICCES is that it helps you qualify for a Canadian visa, work permit, and study permit.
- Qualify for a Canadian visa: It is one of the most famous ways to get permanent residency in Canada. You can also use this service to get an employment-based temporary resident status or work permit if you have graduated from a recognized university or college in your home country. You can also use this service to get temporary resident status, work permit, or study permit if you have graduated from a recognized university or college in your home country.
- Qualify for an employment-based visa: If you are looking for a job in Canada, ICCES can help you find one by providing them with all the required documentation and information they need. This includes reference letters from universities/colleges where you have studied and your previous employers.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How Much Does An ICES Evaluation Cost?
Standard service is $200.00 per educational credential.
2. How Do I Get My International Credentials Assessed In Canada?
You must get your assessment from an organization or a professional body designated by Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada.
3. How Long Will It Take For ICES Evaluation?
For those generally applying and not for immigration purposes, the estimated timeline is between 4 weeks (for a Basic Report) to 7 weeks (for a Comprehensive Report).
4. How Long Does It Take For An ECA by ICES?
The current estimated processing timeline for an ECA is within 20 weeks.
5. What Are The Requirements For ICAS?
You must provide the following documents to ICES: A color copy of a current, government-issued photo ID showing your current legal name and date of birth.
6. Which Is Better, WES or ICAS?
Although both these organizations hold the same value and reputation according to the IRCC’s guidelines. But, WES supersedes ICAS.
7. Can I Apply To Canada Without WES?
Is WES mandatory for PR in Canada? Yes, WES is mandatory for Canadian PR through Express Entry.
8. How Long Does The WES Evaluation Take In Canada?
The typical processing time for a World Education Services (WES) assessment is approximately seven (7) business days.
9 Which Is Faster, ICES or WES?
ICES was fast and reliable.
10 What Is The Purpose Of ICES?
ICES compares education received outside of Canada to the general education ranking in Canada. The reports offer a general comparability of years and levels of study.
We hope you are now acquainted with the International credential evaluation service (ICES) for Canadian immigration. For those interested in Canadian immigration and who need to get an evaluation report from ICES, there is no reason for them to worry. This service is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and can be called anytime. Feel free to drop your comments below.