Do you know that you could come to Canada for work as an intra-company transferee using Intra-Company Transfer Canada Work Permit? This article is going
Do you know that you could come to Canada for work as an intra-company transferee using Intra-Company Transfer Canada Work Permit?
This article is going to discuss Intra-Company Transfer work permit and what it entails, eligibility requirements and more.
So as early hinted, high-skilled foreign workers can temporarily work in Canada via a program known as the International Mobility Program, or ICT Canada, which allows them to be Intra-Company Transferees.
Additionally, this program is ideal for international entrepreneurs looking to expand their current businesses to Canada.
If a foreign business has a location in Canada, it may request the transfer of any of its employees to that location.
Since this is an LMIA-exempt work permit, applying for an intra-company transfer visa enables the employer and employee to avoid doing so.
Qualified intra-company transferees are exempt from the Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) and are required to have work permits.
They transfer their experience to Canadian enterprises, which benefits Canada significantly, economically speaking.
Who Is Eligible To Apply For The Intra-Company Transfer Canada Work Permit Program?
The intra-company transfer program is made to try to attract well-known firms from around the globe to start operations in Canada.
There are three groups of people who could profit from this program.
- Entrepreneurs, founders, and shareholders of profitable businesses who now occupy executive roles in those businesses and who intend to carry out similar work in Canada.
- Some senior executives and heads of departments who are already employed by a foreign company and who want to hold a position of equivalent responsibility in Canada.
- Key staff members with highly specialized knowledge that is uncommon or rare.
To qualify for a work visa under the ICT program, people who hold one of the aforementioned positions must additionally fulfil a number of additional criteria.
These requirements are discussed as shown below.
Requirements for International Mobility Program: Intra-Company Transfer (ICT)
There are several requirements the international company and employee must meet to be qualified for a work permit.
They are split into two, general requirements and the company’s requirements. Let’s begin with the general requirements for Intra Company Transfer to Canada.
General Requirements for Intra-Company Transfer Canada
The following general requirements must be met for you to be eligible for an intra company transfer visa in Canada:
- You are looking for an entrance into Canada to work for a parent, subsidiary, branch, or affiliate of an overseas business where you currently hold a position.
- You will be working in a legitimate and on-going establishment of a company with which you are transferring and with which you have a qualifying relationship.
- You are moving from one executive, senior managerial, or knowledge-specific role to another.
- You have been employed by the organization that intends to transfer you outside of Canada consistently (confirmed by pay checks or another form) in a comparable full-time capacity for at least one year in the three years immediately before the date of initial application.
- You are just visiting Canada on a short-term basis.
- You are eligible for temporary entrance since you meet all immigration rules.
Company Requirements for Intra-Company Transfer
In general, the business must acquire rental properties to accommodate the Canadian operation, especially when it comes to specialist skills.
However, it would still be appropriate if the address of the new start-up had not yet been confirmed in certain circumstances involving senior managers or executives.
For instance, the business might utilize its counsel’s address until the executive can buy or rent a space.
Other requirements include;
- The business must present practical staffing strategies for the expanded activity.
- The business must have the resources to launch operations in Canada and pay staff.
- The company must prove that it will be big enough to support executive or management functions before moving executives or managers.
- The organization must show that the specialist knowledge worker is expected to be conducting business before transferring them.
- They must make sure that management at the Canadian operation oversees and directs the job.
Required Documents for ICT Canada
The following documentation is required:
- A statement stating that the foreign national is currently employed by a large firm outside of Canada and is applying for admission to work in one of its partners, subsidiaries, branches, or affiliates in Canada;
- Certification that the foreign national has worked consistently (full-time, not accumulated part-time) for the company outside of Canada in a comparable full-time capacity for at least one year during the three years immediately prior to the date of initial application (through payroll or by contract).
- A description of the applicant’s role in an executive, managerial, or one requiring specific knowledge capacity that is their position, title, place in the organization and job description.
- Proof that the applicant possesses “specialized knowledge” and also that the job in Canada calls for that knowledge.
- Description of the role in Canada which should include the position, place in the organization, and precise job description.
- A description of the link between the Canadian company and the foreign company along with an indication of the expected length of stay.
To verify the link between the Canadian and the international organization requesting the transfer, the officer may ask for concrete evidence.
Canada ICT Visa Processing Time
There are alternatives for priority processing, but the Intra-Company Transfer (ICT) typically takes 2 to 10 weeks.
The Intra-Company Transfer visa will be provided to those who qualify for the 2-week processing duration within that time frame.
For nations without a visa, there is this option for expedited processing. However, biometrics processing is not added in these two weeks.
How Long is the Intra-Company Transfer Visa Valid?
The duration of the Intra-Company Transfer work permit is one year.
You must offer proof of the following in order to renew your work permit through an intra-company transfer:
- The qualifying link between the Canadian and international corporations is still present.
- For the past year, the new office has consistently provided goods or services.
- The new workplace is equipped.
Can I transfer my work permit to another company in Canada?
When changing employment or employers in Canada while holding an employer-specific work permit, you must apply for a new work permit.
Participants in International Experience Canada (IEC) must first confirm that their IEC work visa allows them to switch jobs.
Is Intra Company Transfer treated as a job offer for Canada PR?
The intra-company transfer provides a route to Canada PR for foreign nationals working for Canadian businesses who have offices there, are legitimately registered there, offer jobs to Canadians or permanent residents, and are in the process of developing a business plan or a work permit application.
Can the spouse of an intra-company transfer worker work in Canada?
A spouse or common-law partner can work in Canada, in the vast majority of circumstances.
To work in Canada, they would, however, typically need a work permit. They must submit their own work permit applications.
Can intra-company transferees apply for PR?
As part of the International Mobility Program, the ICT immigration program enables qualifying foreign business owners to relocate their operations to Canada and get a work permit.
You can obtain an ICT Work Permit and subsequently permanent residency through the ICT pathway (PR).
Can I apply for PR with an ICT visa?
If you have lived legally in the UK for at least five years in a row, you are eligible to apply for a permanent residence permit
What is the fastest way to get a work permit in Canada?
The Global Skills Strategy (GSS) offers two-week processing periods on qualified work permit applications, which can hasten your transition to employment in Canada.
How do I Transfer intra-company to Canada?
All employees who are moving to Canada are required to have at least one year of full-time job experience with the foreign company and be doing the same type of work when they arrive.
A valid partnership between the employer and the worker is necessary for the issuance of a work permit.
Does Intra Company Transfer need LMIA?
No, an LMIA [ Labour Market Impact Assessment] is not required for an intra-company transfer work permit
How do intra-company transfers work?
A corporation reassigning a worker to work in a different physical office location is known as an intra-company transfer.
If the applicant conducts particular categories of employment, many nations offer accelerated procedures to get travel visas and work permits for intra-company transfers
Can I study in Canada on an ICT work permit?
If you haveYou must apply for a study permit if you plan to study in Canada for a period longer than six months. a current work permit, you can also apply for a study permit through IEC.
IEC is not intended for international students who intend to study in Canada for a period of time longer than six months.
This article has discussed all about the Intra-Company Transfer Canada Work Permit.
This is a great opportunity for you to come and work in Canada and with time if you choose to, apply for and get permanent residence in Canada.
If you, your business or the firm you work for meet the stipulated requirements, you can surely apply for this program.