Quebec is one of Canada’s most popular provinces for immigrants. It has a diverse culture, with French being the official language and English used widely
Quebec is one of Canada’s most popular provinces for immigrants. It has a diverse culture, with French being the official language and English used widely in business and public life.
The province also has an economy based on the growing auto, pharmaceutical, and technology industries.
Let us discuss everything you need to know about Quebec Immigration Plan 2023 (Plan d’immigration du Québec 2023).
Quebec Immigration Plan 2023 Overview
The Quebec Immigration Plan 2023 is a provincial immigration plan that was launched in January 2018. It aims to attract more than 50,000 immigrants to Quebec in the next five years.
The Québec Immigration Plan 2023 will be implemented by all levels of government, as well as private organizations and businesses across the province. The program will also allow for flexibility within each region of Quebec so that it can best meet regional needs.
The Quebec Immigration Plan 2023 is a federal government initiative to increase the number of immigrants from outside Canada. The program aims to bring in between 60,000 and 100,000 new permanent residents by 2033.
It will accept applications for permanent residence through three streams: Express Entry stream, Family Class stream, and Federal Skilled Worker Stream.
What Is The Quebec Immigration Process?
The first step is the application for permanent residence, which is made at the Canadian visa office in your country of residence. If you are already a permanent resident of Canada and want to apply for citizenship, please visit our Citizenship page.
If you are not currently living in Canada but want to immigrate to Quebec under certain circumstances, such as being invited by an employer or family member who lives here or because you have children born here, please read our section on “Application Process” below.
Best Ways for French Speakers to Immigrate to Canada
If you are a French speaker and are interested in immigrating to Canada, the best way is to apply for immigration under certain categories.
The province of Quebec offers various programs that allow French speakers from around the world to live in Quebec. These programs include:
1. Quebec Selection Program
This allows French-speaking immigrants who are selected by government officials based on their skills and education level;
2. Economic Class
This program allows skilled workers or highly educated professionals (such as doctors) who have been living outside of Canada for five years before applying;
3. Family Reunification Category
This category allows family members of Canadian citizens or permanent residents who have been living abroad with them since December 31, 1994 (the date when NAFTA took effect).
What Are Quebec’s Economic Immigration Programs?
Quebec’s economic immigration programs are designed to attract individuals who can contribute to the province’s economy. There are several different programs, including:
1. Quebec Investor Program
The Quebec Investor Program is a program for investors who are interested in immigrating to Canada. The program offers the investor a chance to invest $800,000 over five years and receive no interest. Investors must have a net worth of $1.6 million or more and investments in Quebec that total at least $400,000 (in other words, all of your assets will be held by an entity where you hold 100% ownership).
2. Quebec Entrepreneur Program
The Quebec Entrepreneur Program is a federal immigration program that offers permanent residence to entrepreneurs and self-employed individuals who meet the following criteria:
- You must invest at least $200,000 in real estate or stocks.
- You must create at least one new job for an employer operating within your province of registration for at least one year before applying for this program.
The program has been in place since 1986 and is open to immigrants and temporary residents, with some exceptions. Suppose you’re interested in immigrating under this category. In that case, you must find out as much information about its requirements as possible so that there are no issues when it comes time for your application date.
3. Quebec Self-Employed Person Program
The Quebec Self-Employed Person Program (QSEPP) is a program that allows you to apply for immigration status in Canada. You can apply for the QSEPP if you are an entrepreneur, self-employed, or have a small business with less than $300K in revenue.
To qualify for this program, you must:
- Have an established business;
- Satisfy all other requirements of the Quebec government’s immigration plans; and
- Have applied for permanent residence within five years before applying under this program.
Why Choose Québec?
Here are a few reasons to choose Quèbec:
- Québec is a safe and welcoming place.
- The people of Québec are among the most welcoming in Canada, with a long history of accepting immigrants from around the world.
- It has a rich culture that includes French-speaking Canadians, Franco-Ontarians, and Acadian communities all over the province.
- It’s also one of Canada’s great places to raise children: many private schools across Québec City and Montréal offer an excellent education for your child(ren).
Application Process For Quebec Immigration Plan 2023 (Plan d’immigration du Québec 2023).
You must fill out the online form and provide all the required documentation. The application fee is $200 for each family member eligible for permanent residence in Quebec.
You may submit your application to the Quebec immigration office during a set period, usually between March 1 and June 30 every year.
Important Documentation For Quebec Immigration Plan 2023
The following documentation is required to apply for Quebec immigration plan 2023:
- Proof of Financial Resources (bank statement or letter from a bank),
- Proof of Language Skills (TOEFL or International English Language Testing System),
- GRE General Test – English Test Score of at least 550 verbal and 4.5 in the writing section, with no errors in grammar or usage; OR
- IELTS – English Test Score of at least 6.0 in each component (reading, writing, and speaking) with no errors in grammar or usage; OR
- CPE Program with Academic Level 2+.
Selection Criteria For Quebec Immigration Plan 2023 (Plan d’immigration du Québec 2023).
To be eligible for a Quebec Immigration Plan 2023 (Plan d’immigration du Québec 2023), you must meet the following selection criteria:
- Points system. To be considered for one of our programs, you must score at least 60 points. If your score is below 60 points, you will have an opportunity to improve it before being accepted into our program and being able to apply for permanent residence in Canada. You can use their online assessment tool or contact them directly at 855-944-1744 if you need help filling out this form.
- Language proficiency testing. If English is not your ideal first language, but you are fluent in French, then we recommend taking an English test called TOEFL (Test Of English as a Foreign Language). This test measures how well someone understands spoken English while listening to someone speaks it loudly and slowly so that everyone else can understand what’s being said too. It also tests comprehension skills when reading texts aloud from beginning letters through end sentences, so even though this doesn’t measure speaking ability directly. It gives insight into how much time someone has spent studying their native tongue versus learning other languages orally instead.
Aim Of Quebec Immigration Plan 2023
Quebec Immigration Plan 2023 (Plan d’immigration du Québec 2023).
The Quebec Immigration Plan 2023 was created to attract skilled immigrants and international students to the province. The plan sets out several goals, including:
- Increasing the number of people living in Quebec who speak French at home by 50% over ten years;
- Attracting one million new permanent residents by 2022;
- Attracting immigrants who can contribute to Quebec’s socioeconomic development and support its economic growth.
- The plan is based on three pillars: quality of life, cultural diversity, and innovation.
- Strengthening language skills among immigrants so they can participate fully in their communities;
The goal has been met some way ahead of schedule, but there are still challenges ahead.
The Quebec Immigration Plan 2023 has been designed to assist people in getting ahead in their careers. The program is administered by the Ministère de l’Immigration, Integration et Diversité (MIDI). It provides several special programs that allow investors, entrepreneurs, and self-employed people from all over Canada to access Québec’s economy. For more information, you can comment below.