Top 5 Cyber Security Jobs in Vancouver
1. Information Security Analyst
Annual pay range: $87,505 to $104,493
Hours: 72 hours biweekly
To secure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the University’s information, the Information Security Analyst implements assesses, and constantly improves a holistic, integrated, risk-based security framework (comprising policies, procedures, and control mechanisms).
Through collaboration with regional, national, and worldwide research and education institutions and working groups, the Analyst assesses risk and provides recommendations for change.
Working closely with SFU’s academic and research communities, this job responds to occurrences.
Before the production installation of new IT services, the Analyst conducts privacy impact assessments, security risk assessments, and/or business impact assessments. The Analyst helps to ensure that information security risks are effectively managed and that regulatory and partner requirements are met.
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of information security and five years of relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent understanding of the fundamentals of information security.
- Good understanding of industrial advancements and the function and influence of technology in a university setting, as well as the ability to explain them.
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences at all levels.
- Individuals and teams will benefit from your ability to give effective leadership, mentorship, and coaching.
- Excellent interpersonal, cooperation, and customer service skills.
- Excellent problem-solving, time-management, and organizing abilities.
- Ability to keep information private.
2. Cyber Security and Privacy Advisor
Annual Salary Range: $69,725 – $92,967 – $102,263
Summary of the Position:
This job reports to the Associate Director of Information Security and is in charge of IT security and privacy protection for IT operations and projects.
This position will assist in the implementation of the College’s Information Security program, which will safeguard VCC against cyber attacks and ensure FOIPPA compliance for information systems and IT initiatives.
This position will serve as a security and privacy advocate for IT and other departments.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provides cyber security advice and support, as well as operating security tools and managing security processes.
- Keeps track of security and privacy-related events detects alerts and responds to incidents.
- Analyzes security and privacy logs to identify threats, anomalies, and incidents, and assesses the College’s information technology’s information security exposures. Conducts investigations and generates detailed reports as well as IT notification notifications.
- Provides guidance and support for cyber incident response: conducts various and escalated cyber investigations, executes and coordinates mitigation activities, conducts high-level forensic analysis, and collaborates with external cyber security vendors for detailed forensic checks. Assesses the impact of incidents on privacy and follows up on privacy breaches.
- On-premises and in the cloud ensure the security of VCC data and systems. Creates and maintains a cloud-aware security architecture, as well as putting in place relevant security technologies.
- Maintains awareness of emerging cyber vulnerabilities, conducts vulnerability assessments, analyzes results, generates reports, defines priorities, and performs and coordinates repair efforts.
- In charge of ensuring that IT systems and projects comply with FOIPPA and other privacy legislation. Provides instructions for completing action items to meet compliance obligations.
- Conducts privacy impact assessments (PIAs) for IT projects and operations. Provides advice and suggestions on privacy concerns and technological security controls, protocols, and strategies, as well as advising on and leading risk mitigation activities.
- Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar studies and experience in Information Technology.
- A minimum of three years of proven experience in information and cyber security is required.
- Experience with FOIPPA compliance and PIA development in BC government agencies.
- Certifications in information security are preferred (CISSP, CISA, GIAC).
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be taken into account.
3. Service Desk Analyst
The primary goal of this position is to collect, categorize, and handle or escalate end-user complaints and requests on a global scale. Within the region, there is some expectation of hands-on support responsibilities.
- Provides primary IT assistance for all issues and requests from end-users.
- Tier 1 and 2 support handles and resolves computer software and hardware issues with internal clients.
- L1.5 Application Functional Issues are resolved for all business apps using the Knowledge Base.
- User concerns should be properly classified and documented.
- Supports the intake process through many channels (Chat, Phone, Email, etc)
- Using knowledge documentation correctly to handle user difficulties
- Assists in identifying issue tendencies and reporting them to management.
- For critical business impact concerns, initiates and helps the Major Incident Management process.
- Issues with system access requests are defined by the Cyber-Security team.
- Assists in the management of end-point asset inventories.
- Assists with an end-user operating system and security updates as directed by management.
- When supporting end users, adheres to all IT principles.
Qualifications, skills, and characteristics:
- Has working knowledge and competency with the Microsoft Windows operating system, Microsoft Office, and ServiceNow.
- Experience with Multi-Factor Authentication and VPNs is a plus.
- Customer service talents that are second to none
- Apple Mobile technologies are well-understood.
- Throughout the technology stack, basic troubleshooting capacity is available.
- Ability to recognize and respond appropriately to a significant business concern
4. IT Support Specialist
The job of the IT Support Technician is to provide first-line IT support to 1900+ remote and local users across North and Latin America.
Local apps and remote access are both supported. Configuration and support for laptops, desktops, phones, and peripherals as needed.
You’ll do the following in this role:
- Respond to and resolve internal users’ technical queries and incidents using the Service Desk Tool.
- Configure new users’ PCs, laptops, and phones, as well as renew outdated systems.
- Using Servicedesk, provide users with solutions, documentation, and a knowledge base.
- Maintain current user systems, including installing upgrades, software, and security fixes as necessary.
- Assist users and serve as the first line of defense for cyber security incidents reported by users.
- Update senior team members on the status of allocated initiatives.
- Ensure that the Digital Operations and Postal Compliance groups’ security policies and audit standards are followed.
- Make suggestions for how policies and procedures should be improved.
- Attend workshops to stay up to date on Information Technology topics and participate in staff meetings and associated activities.
- Open to being mentored and to working as part of a team.
What You Should Bring (requirements):
- At least three years of experience with Microsoft operating systems and apps, Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Active Directory, wireless, and network TCP/IP setups are required.
- In information technology, a college diploma or university degree, or comparable job experience is required.
- Strong Office 365 administration and cloud program management expertise is required.
- Laptop repair experience.
- Strong written and oral communication abilities.
5. Security Network Engineer
Estimated: $63,000 – $92,000 a year
The Security Network Engineer is responsible for providing security during the development stages of various products, systems, networks, and data centers, both on-premises and in the cloud, in collaboration with the Senior Cyber Security Engineer.
You’ll also be in charge of monitoring, troubleshooting, deploying, and supporting a company’s network, cloud, and security infrastructure in this position.
Assessing, evaluating, and selecting new security products and technologies, as well as creating, implementing, and maintaining company security policies, processes, and guidelines, are just a few of the tasks.
In this position, you will create a portfolio of security services that may be offered to the business, as well as conduct computer system audits and disaster recovery plans to maintain operational security and attack protection.
What you’re going to do:
- Analyze incidents and alarms with the help of the SOC team and the SIEM system.
- Create and maintain security safeguards.
- Develop one-of-a-kind security strategies for software, networks, data centers, and hardware.
- Maintain security tools, protocols, and system updates, as well as firmware.
- Reduce security dangers by assessing infrastructure and devices, finding security issues, and following up with a quick solution utilizing control analysis.
- Maintain the data and information systems of the company’s integrity and confidentiality.
- Define access privileges, control structures, and resources to safeguard the system.
- Create, maintain, document, and track security systems and services.
- Cloud workload protection and Cloud Security Analytics assistance
- Support and troubleshoot problems with firewalls, VPNs, and other security solutions.
- Set up and maintain LDAP and MFA systems.
- Detailed knowledge of MITRE ATT&CK, OWASP, threat actors, and emulation of TTPsSecure networks with firewalls, password protection, DDoS, IDS/IPS, and other systems
- Understand and communicate the effect of complex issues across on-premise, public, and private cloud technologies to higher-tier team members.
- Follow and record the procedure for receiving security alerts for monitored devices, acknowledging receipt of the event, opening and/or amending service desk tickets to track the management of events through resolution and closure, and assigning the ticket to the correct owner.
- Utilize cloud technologies such as Azure and AWS.
- A bachelor’s degree or diploma in a related field of study, preferably in computer science, information security, or computer engineering.
- 3+ years of experience configuring security equipment (firewalls etc.)
- Any of the following skills are required: Anti-Virus, HIPS, IDS/IPS, Full Packet Capture, Host-Based Forensics, VPN, and Network Forensics are all examples of network forensics.
- Familiarity with any or all cloud suppliers (AWS, GOOGLE, AZURE) as well as production experience
- Direct familiarity with fundamental security technologies such as security information and event management (SIEM), firewalls, network, and host intrusion prevention and detection systems, proxies, vulnerability scanners, and anti-virus solutions are required.
- TCP/IP, SD-WAN, dynamic routing, Wi-Fi, firewalls, DDoS, and IDS/IPS knowledge are all excellent.
- A thorough awareness of prevalent security threats, industry-standard procedures, and security technology is essential.
- wonderful collaborator at all levels of an organization.
- Team player that thrives in a fast-paced, high-intensity, and dynamic atmosphere.
- A thinker who is strong at business systems and has a good understanding of business processes
- Strong investigative and analytical abilities